- Apple and Google feature TinEye extensions
Happy searching, everyone!
- Google features TinEye extension for Chrome
We have extension fever here at TinEye HQ, and apparently it’s catching.
Last week, the Google Blog included TinEye in their list of favourite Chrome extensions as chosen by the Chrome team themselves. And with over 30,000 downloads, TinEye has also been selected as featured Chrome extension!
We are also excited to see that the TinEye Firefox add-on has over 845,000 downloads. Can’t wait to see that number grow to one million!
If you haven’t yet installed the TinEye extension for Chrome, Firefox, Safari or IE, head over to our goodies page and take your pick. Happy searching!
- What features would you like to see in TinEye?
Howdy folks! We are furiously working on the next stage of development for TinEye which will include all sorts of wonderful things:
- Automated image monitoring and image alerts
- User-submitted contributions to the TinEye image database
- A bigger and better index as always
But besides these gems, what would you like to see?
Please answer in the comments–speak and be heard!
Image by Hans_van_Rijnberk
- Extension preferences here for Firefox and Chrome
The new extension preferences allow you to:
- Show/hide TinEye icon in context menu (Firefox only)
- Set sort order preference as best match, most changed biggest image or last used*
- Open searches in background, foreground or current tab
TinEye extension preferences are easy to set!
In Firefox, go to Tools>Add-ons in the Firefox menu bar. Locate ‘TinEye Reverese Image search’ in the Add-ons window list and click the ‘Options’ button.
In Chrome, go to Tools>Extensions in the Chrome menu bar. Locate ‘TinEye Reverese Image search’ in the extensions list and click the ‘Options’ link.
We hope you enjoy! <3
* The sort order set in your extension preferences will take precedence over your browser’s last remembered sort order.